The Backyard Homestead Book of Kitchen Know-How: Field-to-Table Cooking Skills
You've grown the veggies and raised the animals. Now what? The Backyard Homestead Book of Kitchen Know-How by Andrea Chesman is a great guide for all homesteaders, covering a variety of topics including cheese making, canning, working with flour, and making your own jelly. The guide is well written, well organized, and is full of helpful illustrations.
* Setting up your kitchen and how to harvest, handle, and cook fresh veggies.
* Handling and uses of grains, beans, homemade sweeteners, eggs, birds, rabbits, fresh milk, and goat, lamb, pork, and beef meat.
* Food preservation--freezing, canning, drying, pickling and how to make milk, cheese, sausage, and other cured meats.
* Homestead cooking--egg, vegetable, cheese, meat, and other dish recipes
* 368 pages, paperback by Storey Publishing Aug 2015